Stay Well FAQ's
Varscona Hotel on Whyte Stay Well Information
While the health and safety of our guests has always been a top priority, when you return to Varscona Hotel on Whyte you will find that we’ve made a number of enhancements - from offering remote check-ins to new cleaning protocols for guest rooms, common areas and high-touch surfaces; along with new options for dining.
Is the Varscona Hotel on Whyte open?
- Yes, we are open and look forward to hosting you soon.
Did anything change with Checking in & out?
- Self-Parking Only, Valet not available.
- Queuing through floor decals and stanchions
- Signage throughout the lobby reminding all guests about physical distancing requirements.
- Front desks will have temporary physical barriers such as Plexiglas installed for added protection
- Hand Sanitizer Dispenser will be available in the lobby
What is the Varscona Hotel on Whyte current cancellation policy?
We remain committed to offering you flexible booking and cancellation options. Given these unique circumstances we are making adjustments to booking policies:
- Government Restriction Regions. In regions affected by government-issued travel restrictions, we will continue to waive change fees or offer full cancellation with refunds.
- Existing Domestic Reservations. All reservations –non-cancellable or advanced purchase - that are scheduled for arrival before June 30, 2020, can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival date with proof of reasoning for cancellation.
- New Reservations. Any new reservation – even those described as non-cancellable or advanced purchase – that are booked between today and June 30, 2020, can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours prior to the arrival date with proof of reasoning for cancellation.
Have your public spaces, such as your lobby, changed?
We have increased our staffing of public area attendants to support increased frequency of cleaning surfaces, with EPA approved cleaning agents. We have modified the placement of furniture to support our Social Distancing protocol and we ask all guests to leave a minimum of 6 feet of distance between one another for their protection and the protection of others. Hand Sanitizer stations are available throughout the property.
What is the Varscona Hotel on Whyte doing to assist guests with staying clean and safe?
We have taken the following steps to maintain the highest level of cleanliness and hygiene:
- Our hotel teams are receiving ongoing briefings and enhanced operating procedures
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning of all public areas (including the lobby, elevators, door handles, public bathrooms, etc.)
- We have increased the deployment of antibacterial hand sanitizers in all public areas.
What has the Varscona Hotel on Whyte changed in regards to guest room housekeeping?
- Rigorous cleaning and sanitizing protocols will be used to clean guest rooms.
- In-room housekeeping service will not be provided during your stay.
- Additional linens, towels and toiletries are available by contacting the Front Desk.
Is the Varscona Hotel on Whyte fitness center open?
Yes, the fitness center is currently open and Social Distancing is required.
What are my dining options at Varscona Hotel on Whyte?
The Ampersand27 restaurant and bar is open for Dinner on Wednesdays – Saturdays from 5:00 – 9:00pm. And for Brunch on Sundays from 10:30am – 3:00pm.
- Coffee will be available in the lobby daily from 6:30am – 10:30am.
- Continental Breakfast boxes are available in lobby, daily from 6:30am – 10:30am.
- In Room coffee makers are available.
Is Varscona Hotel on Whyte still offering dry cleaning and laundry services?
Yes, we do have valet laundry & dry-cleaning service available 7 days a week for our guests
Do your guest rooms have mini refrigerators?
Yes, all guest rooms have mini refrigerators that are sanitized before each guests stay.
Has anything changes with Meetings & Events?
Our meetings and events teams will collaborate with planners to reimagine their meetings with new meeting set ups, food service protocols and meeting specific options.
Is Varscona Hotel on Whyte offering any room discounts for Essential Workers?
Yes, we are. Please contact us directly to learn more about the special rate available.
Other things I might want to know prior to arrival or during my stay?
- Ampersand27 restaurant & bar is open for dinner Wednesday – Saturday from 5:00 – 9:00pm. And Sunday 10:30 – 3:00pm for brunch.
- The Business Center is open and is limited to 1 people and social distancing is required.
- The Fitness Center is open 24 hours a day.
Enjoy your time at the Varscona Hotel on Whyte and please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your experience even better. Be well & we look forward to seeing you soon!